Tuesday 13 July 2010

Higher pleasures - salted caramel ice-cream

I  made Nigel Slater's vanilla ice-cream a while ago (see Guilty Pleasures), and it worked well: delicious, rich and full of the taste of vanilla like a proper custard.  However, if you don't have an ice-cream maker it does take a lot of stirring to keep it smooth.  The recipe was from the Times, but Nigel Slater has also written some really good recipe books, one of my favourites is The Kitchen Diaries

Anyway, back on the subject of ice-creams, I just found another recipe on the beautifully photographed blog Cannelle-vanille, this time for salted caramel ice-cream.   I don't know when I'm going to get a chance to make it, but it looked so tasty that I wanted to save the link now as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment