Monday 19 July 2010

Milk and Honey

On the theme of honey, it is also great to cook with; more interesting in sweet dishes than sugar and corn syrup, and also good with some savoury food as well.

O and I recently visited the lovely Spanish tapas restaurant, Casa Brindisa, which serves deep fried Monte Enebro goats' cheese with orange blossom honey.  It's delicious and I'm going to try and make this myself some time.  Spanish chef Jose Pizarro  (of Brindisa) has a recipe for this in the Daily Telegraph.  If it works, I'll include my version.

Monte Enebro (also known as Juniper Hill) is available in the UK from the delicatessen Melbury and Appleton.  This is how our's looked in the restaurant (with beetroot chips and lashings of honey - fab).


Milk and Honey, also deserves a mention; the Soho speak-easy bar.  O and I went there recently and drank delicious gin and lime cocktails, listening to the jazz cocooned in the high leather booths and almost darkness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment